The curriculum of the school is designed aiming the overall development of the child. As the school is affiliated to CBSE the curriculum is framed based on the CBSE norms. The curriculum refers to the lessons and educational content to be taught to a learner in a school. In empirical terms, it may be regarded as the sum total of a planned set of educational experiences provided to a learner by a school. It encompasses general objectives of learning, competencies to be attained, courses of study, subject-wise learning outcomes and content, pedagogical practices and assessment guidelines.
Salient Features of the Curriculum
The Curriculum prescribed the school strives to:
- provide ample scope for holistic i.e. physical, Intellectual and social development of students;
- emphasize constructivist rather than rote learning by highlighting the importance of hands-on experience;
- enlist general and specific teaching and assessment objectives to make learning competency based;
- encourage the application of knowledge and skills in real life problem solving scenarios;
- uphold the Constitutional Values by encouraging values-based learning activities;
- promote Critical and Creative Thinking aligned to the 21st Century Skills in classrooms;
- integrate innovations in pedagogy such as experiential learning, Sport & Art-Integrated Learning ,toy-based pedagogy, storytelling, gamification etc. with technological innovations (ICT integration) to keep pace with the global trends in various disciplines;
- promote inclusive practices as an overriding consideration in all educational activities;
- enhance and support learning by different types of assessments;
- integrate environmental education in various disciplines from classes I- XII.
The whole curriculum is divided into five programmes, which are the following:
I. Kindergarten Programme (NURSERY, LKG & UKG )
Bearing in mind that at this age the foundation of a child’s personality is laid and two-third of his intellect is formed, we have created an environment and a system of teaching which is entirely child friendly. The classes are housed in an exclusively different campus situated at Kamapalli in the heart of the city. The curriculum meant for the tiny tots is entirely based on experiential learning.
Subjects Offered- Foundation Numeracy & Literacy
II. Primary School Programme (PSP)- Classes I to V
The syllabus at this level becomes broader and gradually the learner is exposed to a wide range of subjects. A three-language policy is introduced. Computer education is initiated. Following are the subjects offered in PSP
- Classes I & II
English, Hindi, Odia/Telugu, Mathematics, EVS, Computer, Value Education and GK
- Classes III to V
English, Hindi, Odia/Telugu, Mathematics, General Science, Social Studies, Computer, Value Education and GK
III. Middle School Programme (MSP)- Classes (Class VI to VIII)
The middle school programme offers a broadened curriculum base to match the growing abilities of children in assimilating information and grasping abstract ideas. Constructing on the progression from skills to experiential learning, the middle school programme further focuses on strengthening the knowledge, skills and competencies of the children.
Subjects Offered- English, Hindi, Odia/Telugu, Mathematics, Science, Social Science, Computer Value Education and GK
IV. Secondary School Programme (SSP)- (Classes IX-X)
The Secondary School Curriculum aims to:
- Achieve cognitive, affective and psychomotor excellence;
- Enhance self-awareness and explore innate potential;
- Attain mastery over laid down competencies;
- Imbibe 21st century learning, literacy and life skills;
- Promote goal setting, and lifelong learning;
6.Inculcate values and foster cultural learning and international understanding in an interdependent society;
- Acquire the ability to utilize technology and information for the betterment of humankind;
- Strengthen knowledge and attitude related to livelihood skills;
- Develop the ability to appreciate art and show case talents;
- Promote physical fitness, health and well-being.
- Promote arts integrated learning.
Subjects Offered: English, Hindi/Odia, Mathematics, Science(Physics, Chemistry & Biology), Social Science, Computer Applications
Subject of Internal Assessments: Health and Physical Education, Work Experience(SEWA), Art Education (Only grades will be awarded)
In the session 2021-22 CBSE divided the whole curriculum into two terms. For detailed secondary curriculum please follow the link below:
V. Senior Secondary Programme (SSP)- (Classes XI-XII)
The objectives of the senior secondary curriculum are
- achieve desired national level of competencies in cognitive, affective and psychomotor domains;
- facilitate acquisition of 21st Century Skills and enhance self and social awareness through thematic or multidisciplinary approach;
- promote Cooperative Learning, Collaborative Learning, Self-directed learning etc. to facilitate realization of learning outcomes;
- promote Authentic Assessments based on real world tasks involving meaningful application of knowledge and skills;
- promote Life Skills, inculcate values, foster cultural learning and international understanding in an interdependent society;
- acquire the ability to utilize technology and information for the betterment of humankind;
- strengthen knowledge and attitude related to livelihood skills and promote lifelong learning;
- develop the ability to appreciate art and showcase talents; 9. promote physical fitness, health and well-being
The senior secondary programme allows for diversification and specialization, while also preparing students for higher education. We, at Sankalp, offer specialization in two most sought-after specialization in the academic stream: Science and Commerce with the following subject combinations:
Subjects Offered: English, Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Biology, Computer Science and Physical Education.
A student has to choose a minimum of 5 (Five) subjects including the compulsory subjects viz. English, Physics and Chemistry. The 4th and 5th subjects can be chosen from the remaining four subjects. In addition, a student may opt for an additional subject as well that must not have been taken as a main subject.
Subjects Offered: English, Accountancy, Business Studies, Economics, Computer Science, Physical Education
A student has to choose a minimum of 5 (Five) main subjects including the compulsory subjects viz. English, Accountancy, Business Studies, Economics, and Computer Science. Physical Education can be taken up as an optional subject.
Subject of Internal Assessments: Health and Physical Education, Work Experience (SEWA), General Studies (Only grades will be awarded)